Samurai Burger, Mcdonalds (2015)


Afternoon peeps! It's Saturday! I am back here for quick update. Recently, I attended a food tasting event at Mcdonald's, Jem. The event was hosted by organisers from Omy blog club and Mcdonalds' Singapore. There were about 20 bloggers whom attended the event. We were one of the first few to try out the new Mcdonald's Samurai burgers. Unlike the old taste and the usual ebi burgers, this is the first time where I ate a burger that contains pineapple!

There are Chicken and Beef samurai burgers to choose from, both burgers contain the new pineapple slices. The sauce is mainly teriyaki. The first bite was nice and it's refreshing. I think adding fruits into something salty lighten up the taste. I love this new variation and sure hope that Mcdonald's can make this a permanent menu item. The combo meal comes with our all-time favourite seaweed fries and green tea. We wrapped up our dinner with the new mocha mcflurry. It tasted pretty tasty too.

Our dinner


Dessert of the night, Mocha's McFlurry!!~

We took a number of photos with the samurai cosplayers and props from the arranged photobooth. We also did some quizzes and we had fun. I had a good time at the event and I hope I will be able to join in more such events if I have time. Anyway, I think the recent Mcdonald's samurai burger advertisement is quite cute. It's about this guy wanting to ask a girl out for date, hahas.

Zhiwei, Red Samurai (赤いサムライさん) and me!


Group photo!

Though samurai burgers sounded like some Japanese related burger but I guess that is not the case? I think if Mcdonald's can do some designing to its burgers like topping up with wasabi or seaweed, it may be even better and suits the Japanese theme more. Overall, I still like the concept of illustrating Samurai for his courage. Nevertheless, do go grab a bite at Mcdonald's for this new burger. It tasted really not bad, I must say! :)

The advertisement

Story Closed on 31.10.2015.

#wjalmighty #events #bloggers #omyblogclub #mcdonalds #samuraiburgers #mcdsg #foods #fastfoods #quickbites #dinner #lunch

Photo Credits:
- Mcdonald's Facebook

Comments